It’s been a while since we’ve had any soup recipes around here. We’re always looking for new and tasty ways to eat our greens, and soup is often one of the top ways. We’re happy to bring you this low-carb broccoli and leek soup. It’s a great warm-weather recipe, featuring our favorite vegetables.
Broccoli is one of those vegetables that is not only a low calorie, high fiber, and high vitamin A food, it also has a low enough carb count that it is often used in low carb diets as a substitute for potatoes and rice. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin K and fiber, and a very good source of calcium, vitamin C, folic acid, and other vitamins that make this vegetable a terrific choice as a low-carb food.
This quick and easy vegetarian soup is a great way to use up leftover vegetables. The addition of garlic, onion, and celery in place of the usual chicken and beef makes it a low-carbohydrate soup, with fiber-rich vegetables providing the bulk of the vegetables.
Broccoli and leek soup with cream and reduced carbs
This low-carb soup is a meal’s “little black dress.” It has the ability to travel anywhere and accomplish anything. It may be a main course or an appetizer, and it can be served for lunch or supper. And it loves additional accessories, such as these cheese chips!
ten plus twenty meters Medium
- After giving the leek a brief washing, patting it dry, and trimming off the tough, green tops, the leek is ready to use. Remove the root and slice the remaining leek into thin rings. Fill a basin halfway with cold water and toss in the sliced leeks. Remove any residual dirt or sand by moving them about in the water, then strain and pat dry.
- Broccoli should be cored and finely sliced. Divide the remaining broccoli florets into smaller pieces and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the leek and the cut broccoli core. Season with salt and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, covered, for a few minutes, or until the broccoli can easily be punctured with a knife.
- Reduce the heat to low and toss in the broccoli florets. Simmer for a few minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and brilliant green. Combine the cream cheese, cream, pepper, basil, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, mix until desired consistency is achieved. Thin out the soup with water if it’s too thick. If you want it to be a little thicker, a little heavy cream may be added.
Chips made with cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Using parchment paper, line a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Using a tablespoon, make mounds of shredded cheese 1″ (2.5 cm) apart on parchment paper. Paprika should be sprinkled over each mound.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes on the center rack, or until the cheese has melted. Serve with broccoli and leek soup on the side.
To create various taste profiles, add different herbs and spices to the cheese mounds. Oregano, a pinch of cayenne, fresh thyme, or rosemary are all delicious additions to these chips.
Many vegetarians include broccoli and leeks in their diet, but yet most have never tried making a low-carb soup. This one is a hearty and healthy soup, which can be enjoyed by any type of diet.. Read more about keto leek recipes and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- broccoli leek soup vegan
- broccoli and leek soup no potato
- keto leek soup
- keto leek recipes
- broccoli leek soup paleo